Monday, March 16, 2009

Other projects going on...

Hello! I am not the only one working on projects around here. Check this out:

My daughter is in 5th grade and loves to read. She enjoyed the series Kingdom Keepers, about being in Disney World after dark. She recently finished another book in a series called Peter and the Starcatchers. It has to do with Peter Pan and Neverland I think. She had to do a school project and so she chose to make a board game up about it. They had to incorporate the book into project. So we went shopping for materials and she picked everything out. I was intending to help her over the weekend but she started painting the main characters on some wooden figures. She did a great job! They looked so cute. Then she planned out the board, painted it and glued the spaces (wooden planks). She wrote game questions (and answers) and typed out the directions. I laminated everything. Then she finished off the game with some accessories and a treasure chest for the pieces. She did the whole thing by herself and just kept showing me what she had accomplished. I was so impressed. Really, the artistic gene skipped right over me. I even emailed the teacher to tell her that I did NOT help her with the project, other than laminating. Here are a few pics of the project...it was a fun experience!



The board all painted!

All finished!! Can you see the die and the painted figures on the board? I should have taken a close up shot.

*********************************************************************************

I also made something! My friend just had her first baby recently! I made a little taggy quilt for her for the car seat or whenever. It is strawberry shortcake with a soft fuzzy blanket backing! Here is my daughter holding it up!

The front and....




the back....



To make this I simply cut 5 1/2 inch squares and sewed them together. I place the grid, right-sides-together with a pink fleece blanket. I added the ribbon "tags". I stitched around the sides, leaving a small opening and doubled stitched over the ribbon tags. I turned it right side out and quilted between the squares and around the outside. It was fun and easy! I hope the baby likes it!!!

I hope this week finds you all thriving and healthy! Spring will be here soon (I hope). I don't know about you but I could really use some sunny warm weather! Thanks for reading along!


No comments:

Post a Comment