Saturday, January 30, 2010

Snuggling!!!! Snow!!! and Sewing!!!

Brrrrr...it's cold this weekend!!! We are playing and cuddling and sewing today!

It's a school day for the baby dolls!

Miss Devon...teacher...and her class!
Around 11:30 am the snow finally started...I took this pic about 15 minutes into it...
Just a light dusting...
This was about 45 minutes into it....

An hour later....
Two hours into the storm!!! I love how pretty everything looks draped in a blanket of snow!!!

********************************************************************
Speaking of snow....one of Devon's assignments was to read about the water cycle and also test objects to see if they sink or float in water.....

Testing their objects...some floated for awhile because of an air pocket but eventually sunk!
Meanwhile Sarah was taking a math quiz online...


*******************************************************************
Devon was invited to a birthday party at a local gymnastics place last weekend. I had never been in the gym but it was filled with equipment and cushiony mats. Great fun was had by all since there was plenty to play on!!! The little birthday group started out with stretches with the instructor...

Then they tried back bends!
Then the instructor took them around to each piece of equipement and showed them how to use it! They loved the trampolines!!!

Balance beam....

Rings!
Parallel bars..
Upside down on the uneven bars!
After a solid hour, the kids were all tired out and we went to the party room for cake and juice.
It was a fun party!

************************************************************************
After which, I finished the Valentine Vida for the girls! Here's the front:

Here's the back...
And I slipped it over Brooklyn quickly to see what it would look like!
Last weekend I also started my Read Across America outfit for Devon. She designed the whole thing and helped me with fabric choices too! So here is the Patchwork Twirl skirt with blocks of Cat in the Hat fabric I obtained from a friend.
Here is the beginning of the top. I took a Precious Dress and extended the bodice. Carla digitized the letters for me and I purchased the applique from DigitalByDesign.
I ended up finishing the top this morning...and Devon modeled it for me!!!
Here she is sitting by the window like in the book but its snowing out instead!!! LOL!
Twirling!

The back...




My next project is to test a new pattern by Carla and Jennifer Paganelli!!! I am super excited about this one!!! I will post more info soon!!!

And I have the supplies to make another box....called Boxy Bags...perfect for cameras and in my case, a portable DVD player and cd's.


**************************************************************************************

I hope you all have a great rest of the weekend!!!

3 comments:

  1. It doesn't get better than snuggling and sewing when there is SNOW!!! Love how all of your beautiful projects are turning out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much cuteness here! I love the outfits you are making for the girls...darling! We did not get any of the snow...I am glad to tell the truth. But it was very cold here this weekend.
    xo,

    annie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is so cute!!

    And I'm lovin' the snow. We don't get it down South, so I live through pictures. Maybe one day we'll make the move up North (and I'll begin to dread the snow.)

    ReplyDelete